“ADA saved my life. I felt like I had no options, but since coming to ADA for help, I feel I’m ready to face whatever the world brings.”
DAVID didn’t know where to turn as he approached using up the last of his savings to pay his high medical premiums. Then an ADA staff member met with him and discovered that he served in the military during a war period which entitled him to VA benefits. ADA helped him apply and ultimately receive the VA health benefits he wasn’t aware existed.
“I’d never traveled by public transportation. Now, thanks to the help of my certified travel training instructor, I feel prepared to travel independently with confidence.”
EDITH needed help fine-tuning her resume and cover letter as she looked for a job. An ADA Community Inclusion Specialist was able to support her efforts and connect her to vocational resources. Edith also participated in ADA’s Travel Training Program, and as a result, she’s become more independent and included in the community!
Support Independent Living with a Tax-Deductible Donation Today!
With your support, we can:
- Move people who are experiencing homelessness or living in institutions into independent housing.
- Provide coaching and develop self-advocacy skills to deal with local, county, and state government policies that are obstacles to independent living for people who experience a disability.
- Create new programs and services that empower people who experience a disability to live independently and inclusively in our community.
To serve North Carolinians who experience a disability through empowering, advocating and advancing consumer-led and consumer-driven initiatives.
Empower individuals who experience a disability to reach their goals by equipping them with the skills they need.
Advocate for individuals who experience a disability to be included in integrated environments in the classroom, employment, housing, leadership roles, and decisions that impact their lives and the disability community.
Advance opportunities for individuals who experience a disability to live independently and have equal access to the community of their choice.
Individuals in North Carolina who experience a disability live in the communities of their choice and are empowered to address their own needs
We helped 142 individuals realize their rights and resources.
We’ve shared life experiences, provided support, and shared knowledge with 712 individuals to empower independence.
We’ve provided support and services for 29 individuals transitioning from an institution or at risk of entering one, as well as youth transitioning into post-secondary life.
Give Through Amazon Smile
AmazonSmile customers can now support Alliance Of Disability Advocates in the Amazon shopping app on iOS and Android mobile phones! Simply follow these instructions to turn on AmazonSmile and start generating donations.
- Open the Amazon Shopping app on your device
- Go into the main menu of the Amazon Shopping app and tap into ‘Settings’
- Tap ‘AmazonSmile’ and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process
Only shopping at smile.amazon.com supports ADANC.
- Alliance of Disability Advocates 2020 Audit Report
- Alliance of Disability Advocates 2019 Audit Report
- Alliance of Disability Advocates 2019 990
- Alliance of Disability Advocates 2018 990
- Alliance of Disability Advocates 2017 990